Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I've realized that...

Most people pray when they WANT something, a miracle, a healing, safety etc.. I have begun to thank God for what I have. For instance I found out tonite that a friend at our church's daughter, whom just graduated from high school, has cervical cancer. A beautiful, smart, young girl with her whole life ahead of her. I have realized that we also as human beings need to pray more in thanks to the Lord for what we have as far as the health of ourselves, and our children. For our shelter, and clothing and food. And so much more. I may not be wealthy, or famous, or live in a mansion and own planes, limos and BMW's, but I do have the love of God in my life. And by his precious grace, mercy and forgiveness, I would not have what I do. I'm a thankful ho tonight...just wanted yall to know that.

I'm up right now at 1:42 cause I cant sleep. Ive been having that problem lately. So I will leave you all with the humble little thought above, and wish you all a great weekend!

We are taking the kids to Michigans Adventure this weekend. Leaving Saturday and coming back Sunday. The weather is supposed to be delicious so I hope we will have fun!!

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

oh that is so sad about the young girl..so sad.

I hope you guys have a great time at MA..I have never been there.

Neurotic1 said...

Have fun on your little mini-vacation. I wish I could come ;(

Halfmexican Mama said...

we had a pretty good time..got burnt as hell but it was fun!

TBD said...

Hmmm...

Much truth to your blog.

Suddenly, a bad date seems so trivial.

Yes. Sometimes, a nice sharp whack to the head is exactly what's in order.

Thanks!