Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Long Weekend!

Last things first of course...you know me, I am a very backassward type of woman..


FYI, my date is wrong on all my photos.

They are tagged with yesterdays date.

Im to lazy/havent gotten around to changing that.

The is my First offspring, at about 7 am today she was ready for her first day of Third grade.



She wanted to walk to school this year.


I said "Hell No"........


we compromised with letting her walk to the bus stop which is around the block...you see school is 8 blocks away.

Way too far in my opinion for a 7 year old to try to walk. Dont even get me started on all the distractions that could cause a child like mine to be late.....

And all the crazies out there who could do who knows what to her and then I would be in prison for hunting them down, and tearing their organs from the inside out through every orifice slowly and painfully.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Twas a relaxing weekend for the Joneses...

Friday night we drove over to the lakeshore where some friends of ours were camping. That was fun. Walking a mile to the john every time one of my kids had to go, which is every 10 seconds, however was not so fun....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lets see here....

oh yeah, Saturday we went to my Dads for dinner. He grilled as usual he is a genius on the BBQ...her is Grandpa (my dad) and my girls. Which as you can probably tell are his only Grandchildren....he spoils them just a little...

My oldest is making a peace sign there....and the little one is holding a balloon.

bought them one of those balloon sets with the pump and a gadgillion long balloons to make poodles and flowers etc....

the children didnt make any animals of flowers but did make some unusual looking specimen....

among my favorite are the "multiple twisted weiners" yes...my children are creative.



^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


And sometimes plainly retarded...as noted below ;-)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


Well I tried on my "work pants" before I tried to hem them.


1. The waist came up to my nipples.

2. The bottom went past my feet, and hit the doorframe three feet away from me.

3. The damn thing had pleats in the fronts.

So lets just say I never did hem them and I will wear my own black pants to work.....

13 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Awww the pic of the girls and grandpa is precious!
You should have a pic of you in "the pants" - what a hoot!

Humincat said...

I'm impressed you are letting her walk to the bus stop! Mine keeps asking me when she can take the bus, and we live maybe 3 blocks. I tell her she is taking the bus, cept hers is driven by her mom, has windows that work, and is painted white. She doesn't laugh.

JUST A MOM said...

hey I remember walkig a mile UPHILL to get to school in the winter,, ice storm and all,,, 8 blocks man hhhahah kidding it is scarrrryyyyy it is also MONDAY..

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Isn't the start of school such a wonderful thing?

Halfmexican Mama said...

Patti...thanks...I think i'll pass on taking a pic of me in those pants..

Humin...the more you say it the more she will believe you ;-)

JAM..its Tuesday ;-)

Cheeky...im glad she is back...not looking forward to all the papers and homework and whatnots..

Sandi said...

Smart move not letting your daughter walk too far. Too much can happen. I do wish you'd post a picture of the pants!

Neurotic1 said...

My sewing skills aren't the greatest either. I still have pants like that! The pleats and all ;)

I just love 1st days of school pics!

Halfmexican Mama said...

Sandi...I may save the pants for tomorrow or Thursdays post...dont want to give u all too much excitement in one day ;-)

Carmen...WHY DO YOU STILL HAVE PLEATED PANTS???????
Thanks for the pic comment!

Neurotic1 said...

I didn't say I wore the pants. But I know that I have several pair hangin' in the good ol' closet!

Jamie Dawn said...

I wouldn't let her walk either. Too many nuts out there for sure!!

Spoiled kids are a-okay! My kids are my parents' only grandkids, so they get spoiled too. I think it is terrific!!

Pants that have a waist up to your nips are NOT good looking pants. It's like old man's pants.

Looks like you had a good weekend!!

eyes_only4him said...

well I was sorta hoping for a pic of u and the pants..

Wendy said...

I think I would wear my own pants too...those sound awful! I'm with Patti, I think we need a picture of those bad boys.

I wouldn't let mine walk either. Too much can happen in 8 blocks!

Your girls are very cute. They look like they are lots of fun! I need another one!

Halfmexican Mama said...

Carmen...you better be heading for a soup kitchen or sumptin if you wear dem!

JD...grandparents are a blessing...I know even thoughI only had one myself..so i especially know

FFG...ALRIGHT ALREADY!


Wendy...I agree, you need a baby girl!