Friday, September 7, 2007

Take Nothing for Granted

I know its a cheezy title...but after what I went through I REALLY mean it.

Seeing and holding a little bruised up deceased infant and holding his sweet hand for the last time will do that to a person.....

So me's got to thinkin on the way over to my inlaws how much I take for granted.


Its a really sobering way to make you realize the depth of the whole meaning of life.


I have a BEAUTIFUL, healthy, and alive little family and I tell you what I THANK GOD!


Im going to try not to bitch about the small stuff anymore.....





I also have friends like this:





who will model an ensemble of balloon wear to make me smile....I thank God for that too.


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I also have this:


That is my two little girls playing the "Tase Test" game with 2 different brands of microwave popcorn....

Cause theyre kids and they do shit like that!

Stay tuned...I may post pics of them "Doing Laundry" outside and hanging it on the little makeshift clothseline that their Momma made for them

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was wondering what it is that you all take for granted?

Cmon nobodys perfect, im just curious....

Plus it will help to not feel like such a Boob...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

On behalf of his family I would like to say Thank You to all who thought of, and prayed for little Devin yesterday.


Til next time
Dont take ANYTHING for granted...

Now im about to go show my indoor plumbing some love...
see told ya im not taking anything for granted!!!

12 comments:

Big Ben said...

I sometimes take my legs for granted. Thank you legs, I wouldn't want to be in a wheel chair.

Halfmexican Mama said...

Ben....that is a great thing to be appreciative of!!

Neurotic1 said...

I can't imagine having to go to a funeral for a baby! Everytime my niece goes to her moms I freak out because she is a waste and I worry tremendously about it!

I take everything for granted. I have a house over my head and my belly is full! I can thank God for that! I also take for granted the things that Dorcas can do. I tend to get caught on the things he can't do! I'm stuck on the bad and need to focus on the good ;)

aatank said...

I take for granted all of our senses. Seeing, Hearing, feeling, tasting, and smelling are some of our greatest gifts. What would our world be like without them? My FIL lost his eye sight last April for 10 months, it makes you think.

I can't imagine what that family must be feeling...My nephew's funeral was bad but we had 8 weeks with him before he died.

Halfmexican Mama said...

N1...pray that you never have to attend one..I had such a hard time sleeping and still cant get the image out of my mind..his aunt (my friend) and her dad were here tonight and still having a hard time with it, keep focus ono the good things I tell ya!

AA..I take the same for granted as well..He regained his sight??? and yeah it was quite the blow the whole ordeal.

JUST A MOM said...

You know I have thought of htis often,,, I watch babies who's mommy HAS to wrok.. How can I do htis? Because I DO NOT HAVE TO WORK,, It is very sad to see a little one in that box... I am sorry.

KrazyMom said...

I thank God daily for my miracle baby! Thank the Lord I had her first before all of our other tragedies, don't know that I would have carried on if it had not been for her!

It is so hard to keep life in perspective when you are dealing with work, bills, hectic schedules....and then you snap back into reality and think, what the hell am I bitching about? I have family, friends, health and faith in God...what more can anyone want?

Jamie Dawn said...

Good message in this post!!!

Your girls playing test test - how very cute!!
Hug them and thank the Lord for every minute you have with them!!!

eyes_only4him said...

who is that woman wearining that balloon get up?

poor little Devin, so sad...

I never try and take shit for granted, although, I am sure I do.

Halfmexican Mama said...

JAM...thanks.

Krazy...you are SO very right!

JD...yeah Taste Test is so fun!! I hug them now more than ever.!

FFG...that is Our Friend Tom's mom...Karen.

Monogram Queen said...

Yep it's hard to remember sometimes but definitely good advice. Did they ever figure out what happened with poor little Devin?

Halfmexican Mama said...

PattiC...as far as I know it is still under investigation and the autopsy report is still pending.