Sunday, September 9, 2007

Light Tomato

Well Tuesday I started my new job at Burger King....


I NEVER knew that there is so much to learn.

I have always worked in offices, well I waited tables in high school, but thats a whole other ball of wax.

I feel bad cause I used to stereotype people that worked in places like that, like that only high school dropouts and dopes worked in fast food joints.

But foolish pride being what it is, made me realize that at job is a job. ANY job.

Take for instance Buster...he is a lisenced plumber aka...."Turd Chaser" "Toilet Whiz" you know...but actually his job is very important. AND he rarely ever deals with chasing turds as that nifty position is usually held for apprentices.

I dont really want a 9 to 5 job, and this works out well as it is 12 to 15 hours a week, and I strictly put on my application NO nights and weekends. Although I did help out this weekend cause they had someone quit on them.

I felt like a total horses ass today because I tried to make a shake for the first time and being the dope I am whirled ice cream all over me the machine and my co-worker....she thought it was funny.

And I know I am pissing the people off in the kitchen because I am constantly ringing up stuff on the register then deleting it...they probably party hardy when I leave!!!

Today I rung up a burger and put "Light tomato" on the screen....the guy cooking got a good laugh. He didnt know whether to de-seed the tomato or slice it in half....I MEANT to put "light mayo" and the buttons being as close as they are well...you know.

Im glad I can make them all laugh at me but at the same time I feel like a real Butthead!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I came home from work today and my 3 year old was running around in a wet tshirt and NOTHING else!!!

Buster was lounging and eating Doritos and drinking root beer and pretty much let the kids runamuck the whole time I was gone...

I asked him why his daughter was half naked like an indian running around and he wasnt doing anything about it...

I guess she tried giving the puppy a bath, and the whole bathroom and herself at the same time...im just hoping this little event didnt take place in the toilet, as that is the only source of water she can reach.

I asked the oldest if Daddy had fed them while I was gone and she replied "Sure we had Doritos and pop".....men...you cant live with em and ya cant kill em!!

So I gave Little Bean a bath, and made them some pot pies, cause you know thats HMM's house specialty.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Til next time....keep your tomatoes heavy, and pray that your kid dosent bathe your dog in the toilet!!

Hasta Luego!!!

12 comments:

Big Ben said...

MMM, now I want a whopper.

eyes_only4him said...

nothing wrong with a lil light tomato honey..

:)

Monogram Queen said...

I worked at Burger King in college (along w/ Mickey D's). Yeah there is alot to learn and your ass will be draggin'! It's HARD work

Halfmexican Mama said...

Ben...they do kick ass!

FFG...next time it'll be a light foot up your ass! :-)

Patti...I never knew it could be this hard...in a week or two im hoping to be sliding on grease with the best of them!!

aatank said...

I loved working at McD's in high school. It was a job that I could leave and when I got home not worry about it.

I think all men do the same thing...cept mine would run into town and grab them something from a fast food joint.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Each place of employment needs someone to keep them entertained - so you just happen to be the one for this joint (hehe - I say be proud of that fact and have fun with it - but I am a little twisted like that).

MMMMMmmmm pot pies - I love pot pies - haven't had one in ages....guess what I will be buying on my next trip to da sto!

Wendy said...

My MIL works at Burger King. She doesn't have to but wants to. I guess she really likes it. Nothing wrong with it at all! You will get the hang of it.

Halfmexican Mama said...

Alisha...it is becoming more enjoyable as I get the hang of things!

Cheeky...yup im the new BK Clown...I always stock up on pot pies..especially when they are 3 or 4 for a dollar...Banquet turkey only, now that theyre microwaveable the 7 year old can make her own too its sooo cool!!

Wendy....it's a good out, and actually becoming easier...depending on which Mgr is on duty too, I tend to favor 2 out of the 4 that we have.

Neurotic1 said...

Hey I liked my good ol' Mickey D days in high school. I've even thought about going back just so I don't have to bring any more worries into the house! I mean I could worry if someone got the right damn burger~ but why?

Guys just don't get it. I explained to Mr. Conservative that I was looking into Dorcas going gluten and dairy free in his diet. That we needed to start cutting out some dairy to make the transition easier! I went to school last Wed. night, came home and Dorcas had eaten a whole package of cheese! Ugh!

Halfmexican Mama said...

N1...it is sort of nice not having to deal with too many major customer complaints like I did at my old job...then there was the problem of having too much time on our hands to gossip or argue...dont miss that at all!!

icanseeclearlynow said...

like you said: a job is a job. i used to be a snob about certain jobs too, until i grew up at age 38.

oooh yeaaahh, i remember slip-sliding on those floors when i worked in bk years ago.

:)

JUST A MOM said...

HEY YOU chin up hugs hope all is going good