Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I just ate a taco for breakfast....

I am a firm believer that foods should NOT be labeled "Breakfast" foods or "Lunch" foods or "Dinner/Supperwhatever you wanna call it foods" My belief is to eat what you want WHEN you want. Im not a big "Breakfast" food person...unless in comes on an english muffin from a drive thru, along with a greasy sloppy order of hash browns...

Now im having an extremely hard time staying on a diet...Its not so much a diet but a healthier way of eating...Its as hard as quitting smoking or quitting alcohol, I should know I have been struggling with both for years!

I fear for my children, I was never brought up to eat healthy it was a free for all in my ouse...living with a single parent (Dad only) it was A LOT of take out, or sitting in the bar Friday and Saturday night and eating whatever greasy special was on the menu that night..so I try to instill some type of healthy eating habits in my kids...you know NO soda (very rarely and usually I give them diet if at all)...I TRY to limit their sugar...which is a HUGE area that Grandmas and Granpas should be more supportive in...

I guess all I can do now is try to better their habits and hope for the best!....maybe I just should have ate them at birth :-)

2 comments:

Neurotic1 said...

Too funny- I just ate a left over burrito for breakfast! And then I fought with Dorcas cuz he wanted a bite and I made him eat a banana!

eyes_only4him said...

ok, see I will tell hte hubby he can not eat a bowl of peas in the morning because that is NOT a breakfast food..

I am odd that way..I even hate having panckaes for dinner.

I dont allow my kids to have any soda either, except on the weekdn zach can have one soda, and its alwyas diet..abby does not like soda and emma being three, is not even allowed to try it yet..

I am a bitchy mom when it comes to what I let them eat..I see so many fat kids around the neighborhood, and I dont want them ending up that way..Once u get chubby, its hard to get rid of it..

My mom just quit smoking..not sure how long it will last, but she has tried..again..

and here my three year old is begging for a damn brownie and its only 830 am..

sonofabitch