Friday, May 11, 2007

Memoirs of a Field Trip Chaperone




Yesterday I went with my kid and the whole second grade to The Octagon Barn in Gagetown. Another parent and I rode together. These 3 were the kids I were to watch for the day to make sure they didnt feed each other to the pigs, or have a limb chopped off by leaning over the rails on the hayride, or having a hand removed by a bean sorter. All of which were close calls let me tell ya! Phew I had my hands full...the boy has ADHD and some other hyperactive disorder and I swear to God he thinks about 100 different things at the same time...he came like 3 inces from falling 12 feet down in the barn! He wasnt supposed to be in my group..I just kind of adopted him because when they assigned groups he was put in his own with a Special Ed teacher. To which he did NOT like well. He actually threw a fit til I told him he could be in our group and he said the sweetest thing to me "Mrs. Jones..I like you, your nice....when you gonna come over and take me on that bike ride you promised?" He goes from pissing rotten angry to sweet in 0 to 10 seconds...Dont let the sweet look fool you!

The kids got to sit in an actual one room schoolhouse, learn how rope is made, learn how to use a corn shucking machine, you know stuff that will come in handy once their in college. But it was fun and interesting anyway...

Luckily I drove myself cause I guess on the busride back to the school someone puked on the bus! Go figure...dosent that ALWAYS happen? Then the poor kid gets dubbed as "Pukey" and "Upchuck" and other names all the way into high school. I guess her chance for running for Homecoming Queen just ended on 5-10-07...oh well, no wonder why when passing the school bus on my way back I noticed a peculiar thing. All the children were actually sitting in their seats with their little faces all pressed up against the windows looking so sad...I wondered WTH was up with that...til my kid informed me when she got home.

Well I gotta run got shit to prepare for for the Mothers Day Banquet tomorrow, I have to make dresses for a fashion show, and Im actually singing too..I will let you know how that ordeal turns out..wish me luck...

Till next time..dont do anything I wouldnt do, and if you do dont name it after me!

2 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

gagetown?..WTF?...they must be getting desparte for field trips..

have fun at your banquet.

Neurotic1 said...

Hope you have a great day! I remember those fun filled field trips! Oh- those were the days ;)