Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Time flies by...

Every once in a while I put a nice piece of my mind down here...not like anyone cares, only that I think about things sometimes and I like to write about it....

Lately Ive been thinking about how quickly time goes by. For instance this past weekend I was at a High School graduation Open House for a girl that seems like yesterday was wearing diapers and had a slight speech impedement....OR.......

I see and realize all the things that todays teenagers are doing or experiencing and think back to when I was partaking in the same activities....LIKE 16 YEARS AGO ......damn....where did the time go?

Skinny dipping in the lake or a gravel pit....puking so hard that you shit your pants at the same time...hiding from the cops at a party in the cemetary BEHIND A HEADSTONE...your first hit of reefer...your first kiss...first dance....first prom...actually getting your drivers lisence, and using it...hiding from people cause your too young to have a beer in your hands, hot pavement under your feet cause you dont give a damn how bad it hurts, oh could go on and on...

We all take all that shit for granted, but thinking back on it all, they were milestones that a person will only experience once in their lives for the first time.

But then I think ahead of the things ive never done yet...such as...retiring, becoming a grandparent, having a kid in college, walking with a cane, having gray hair (upstairs and down), going on vacations without the rugrats, all the things that are inevitable but still in reality are milestones in themselves....

At this time I would like to just live for the moment. Take time to smell the "roses" or whatever smell it may be. Enjoy the disgustingly humid summer days, love these menstrual cramps cause one day I wont have them anymore, lovingly wipe that kids shitty ass, and do it all with joy and a smile....cause thats what life is all about. Live. Let live. And Live well while you can!!!

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

amen..

Jamie Dawn said...

It sure does go by. My oldest just finished her first year of college, and she's taking summer classes now. My son is 6'4" tall now.
It seems like yesterday I was reading to them and putting them in bubble baths.
Enjoy the moment!! I agree with your post!!!!!!

Monogram Queen said...

Absolutely


and you had me at the puking and shitting your pants..

and the gray hair upstairs & downstairs. Your my kinda gal!

Halfmexican Mama said...

What the hell is a widget??

Jamie...im trying to enjoy, trust me..

PattiCake...if youve ever puked and shit your pants at the same time we definitely have something in common!