Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Veggie Tales...in a twisted sort of way.

Who knew that you could freeze tomatoes???



Betchya didnt!



I didnt.


Til my Dad told me....


See right now...as most of you know there is an over abundancy of these darn things around here...

EVERYONE and I do mean everyone has been shoving them off on us....

We eat em on BLT's, use em in sauces, use em in goulash......

I feel like that fella on Forrest Gump...you know the one who names off all the various ways to cook shrimp...well you have to see the movie to know what Im talking about...




Here are my kids harvesting tomatoes in the dark.....
Its a Michigan tradition you know.....
The parents go in the house and get hammered and send the kids out, armed with little flashlights to harvest tomatoes at night....



JOKING, if you believed me you're either gernerously retarded or smoking crack :-)


Lets see...what else....


OH I know....

remember how I was telling you all of my husbands god given talent of bringing me the best gifts a girl could ever ask for????

You know. Dead ladys shirt etcetera etcetera....

Well I made mention of a "penile" shaped vegetable....

Im not joking...I took a pic of it last night finally....

with my good friend who shall remain nameless due to sheer embarrassment, posing with the same vegetabe......

have a looksee...























And I thought I had hoo hoo problems!!

Sheesh!


Im thinking of taking some photography courses after taking this shot....see the Lighting could have been better....AND she should have held the....ahem member a bit lower...but the above will suffice...

************************************************************************

I was sore after my doctor took the piece of you know what out of my you know what yesterday....

then they had the nerve to show me the piece of "you know what" in a little jar of liquid...

ugh!!

Now all there is to do is wait...and hope and pray that the test resulsts prove normal....

Did you know it takes 7 to 10 days to test a piece of meat about the size of half of my pinky nail???

I thought those medical peeps were smarter than that....shows what I get for thinking...again.

**********************************************************************

My kids are eating turkey pot pies on the couch right now....

Nothing but the best for my offspring....

Ocassionally...I will play June Cleaver and give them carrot sticks, and celery and tofu....

well all but the tofu, but It sounded healthy didnt it???

Pot pies are damn good....and all 4 food groups are represented...

1.ya got your meat (processed water added turkey type meat)

2. ya got your veggies...peas, carrots and potatoes...

3. Ya got your grain ...the crust.

4. and ya got your dairy...im sure they used some type of milk in that gravy, or to make that crust....

And as far as im concerned they are one of the best inventions in the world...especially now that they're microwaveable...

There.

Ive just glorified a freking pot pie....

Okay well im gonna go see if I can find a life now.....

Til next time take care Chicas and Chicos
(hey, I never claimed to be full mexican so work with me on my Spanish type closing statements)

15 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

is it just me...or is there no post here?

Halfmexican Mama said...

I was in the process of typing it I think..check again

Monogram Queen said...

Ha Haaaa i love the penile cucumber... LOVE IT! You & flip flop crack me up!

JUST A MOM said...

haha you crack me up... they take so long becaue they need to make sure YOUR does nto get mixed up with the 600 other little pieces of you know what in a little jar with liquid... come on cut them there tech people some slack.... wait I thought picking tomotaoes in the dark was for real,, something about the sun not being on them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, man,,,,, have in there everything will be fine... pot pies,, mine think they are too upper class for that see the THINK hahahhaha

eyes_only4him said...

so your saying that it is NOT tradition to get jammred whilst the kids are gardening?


shit..

eyes_only4him said...

i mean hammered..

shit..

Wendy said...

I liked it better when she said jammered...

Halfmexican Mama said...

You are all so adorable..

Patti...yup...you can easily see why we are BFF's right?? Takes the same type of mental behviour to attract a friend on the same wavelength if ya know what I mean...

JAM..I might as well cut em some slack theres not much more I can do..*sigh*..Have you tried the 4 dollar Marie Callendar pot pies..they may eat those...only ting is they are soo big..but very yummy, oh and they have real meat in them too...hee hee

FFG...aaah we think so much alike...can u feel my mental telepathy right now...what song am I thinking of...okay..GO!

Halfmexican Mama said...

FFG..I forgot its not mental telepathy...is called ESPN according to my dad! hah!

Wendy said...

Heres hoping the hunk of hoohoo is a healthy hunk!

I need to take a photog class too. I think my pictures are good until I see some of the really great ones on other people's blogs. Yours looks fine to me. The cucumber is interesting too!

Halfmexican Mama said...

Wendy..didnt forget you hon..damn scrollbar has a mind of its own today..I liked jammered too...:-)

eyes_only4him said...

your thinking of

back in black or

hanging tough..its a toss up

Halfmexican Mama said...

oooooh close!! It was Hells Bells!

Neurotic1 said...

Damn- I didn't know that you could freeze tomatoes. Now if I could just freeze a chef with them! No really, I love tomatoes. Thanks for the idea!

Oh and I must be ginormously retarded cuz I'm just waitin' for the day when I can send Dorcas tomato harvesting ;) Oh and snipe hunting too!

Halfmexican Mama said...

Carmen...you can freeze them but only use em for cooking after cause freezing makes em mushy..havent tried them yet..cant wait!!

Im betting Dorcas would be a Power Picker when he gets a little older!