Thursday, May 17, 2007

4 days and counting, and Wally World

Well Day #4 on my low carb diet....I had a nightmare, yes again. I dreamt I ate Lasagna...I was SOOOO dissapointed in myself, but was so relieved when I woke up it was a dream and that I really DIDNT eat the noodles...phew!!! That was a close one.

Im not a big sugarholic, not by far. But today I got a sweet tooth and the cookies in the cupboard were whispering, hell no they were actually shouting my name.

So I took my fat squat little ass to the local Wally World today and bought some Adkins cookie dough chocolate bars, and dark chocolate royale shakes. Nothing says chocolate like fake chemicals and sugar substitutes. But at least it worked. I took one bite of the bar and wrapped the rest up for another crave attack...strange I never crave sugar. Unless my body is being deprived of it and I cant fool myself no matter how I try. I will weigh myself tomorrow and see what a difference I made. One time on this diet I lost 8 pounds in 5 days. The trick is to limit your carbs even after your inital 14 day induction phase...then gradually bring them back limiting your self to one or two grainy starches. I particularly like whole wheat tortillas theyre low in carbs, fat and calories AND taste better for tacos.

We strangely got followed by a manager at the store that gave my kids cookies from the bakery WITH GLOBS OF FROSTING on top. I mean he went right back there behind the bakery counter and just helped himself...as nice as he was he was a little irratating and wouldnt quit talking or wouldnt leave us alone either...

My Kid:"Thank You for da cookie"
Weird Managerguy:"your welcome, have a nice day"
My Kid: "Ok"
Weird Managerguy:"Have a nice night"
My Kid: no reply
Weird Managerguy: "Have a nice weekend. Ihope it dosent rain because its really hard for me to cut my grass with all the rain weve been getting and its pretty tall and hard to manage when its like that.....blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda

Needless to say the dude followed (I swear) to the cheese section and bombarded The Sample Lady for mini muffins and chocolate milk. He then brought those to my daughter, and asked if I wanted any. I told him no that I wa trying to diet and he had the nerve to tell me that "Maybe if you eat right you wouldnt be so short"

Whatever Man...get a life. We lost him as we were making a B Line for the shoe aisles....

2 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

man, I woulda ate the lasgna and loved every second of it.

Halfmexican Mama said...

I should have...right now thats the only time I would touch it..in my dreams. I made a good stir fry last night with broccoli,ham, and grilled chicken breast, and a dash of soy sauce...yum! tonight is loaded turkey burgers (no bun) with tossed salad:-)