Saturday, August 11, 2007

I may be the most sore person in the Thumb of Michigan today

My good friend and I got to our new house yesterday to was some walls, to ready them for the new paint job they were going to receive last night....a few buckets of bleach water, a few quick swipes...no prob huh?

WRONG!

The people that lived in that house before must have been the filthiest beings in this whole damn state....cause Im just assuming there is filthier out there...there always is...

We washed all the walls in the house except for the utility room, and the 2 bathrooms...I like to do the bathrooms myself because Im VERY particular in the disinfecting of my eh-hem...throne room and whatnot...

Im not even kidding when I tell you that in some of those bedrooms I swear they must had thrown wads of food or poop against those walls...black chunky chunks, what appeared to be boogers and....well I will stop there but you can only imagine what MIGHT be on a bedroom wall...yeah u know what im talking about....

So I had my 2 kids and new puppy...and she had to babysit at the last minute for her neice and nephew, and HER new puppy....sounds like lots of fun huh?? The kids had to crap or eat every 5 seconds, so pretty much all day...it was rubber gloves on ...rubbber gloves off....repeat repeat repeat....

Then Buster got there with my colors for the kitchen/dining area....photos to come btw. He was astounded by the colors I chose...which were a deep red for the bottom of the waynsecoting and a light gold for the top...the chair rail is called sugar wafer...he teases me that they are "Wetback" colors...so I am halfmexican....duh! He thinks chili pepper lights along the ceiling and a sign reading "Jills Cantina" Or "Jills Hacienda" would look nice in there...he's not joking either....

Scary thing is....

I would probably hang that damn sign, and be proud of it.....!!!

I will try to keep u all posted on my move and big cleaning/painting endeavors!!

Adios!
d

6 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

damn...sounds pretty gross..its hard to beilive people live like that out there..

well I cant wait to see your pics..I bet it looks just like Chi-Chi's..

KrazyMom said...

I love the deep red and yellowish/gold together...and as you know, I'm not hispanic. I think those colors look classy in a dining area. Doesn't sound like the cleaning is much fun (gross), but it will be worth it once you get to start adding your own splashes of color and decor! Looking forward to your pics!

aatank said...

It sounds like my kitchen...Ask FLip Flop it's pretty bright.

Look on the bright side ...all of the nasty work is done so you can start making it your own.

Halfmexican Mama said...

FFG...u have no freaking idea :-(

Krazy...thanks, for a while there I was beginning to think that I might have a sick sense of color...Ive never done this before so it was BRAVE of me...

Alisha...Hey There! yeah the cleaning is disgusting, I shudder to the thought that there still is more to do...but your right it will be worth it in the end ;-)

Monogram Queen said...

Man I can't imagine that people wouldn't be freakin' EMBARASSED to exhibit their nastay-ness. The people we rent our house from weren't the soul's of cleanliness either. I don't get it.

Hey, you are who you are be proud of it. I for one think the chili pepper lights especially sound darling!

Wendy said...

Hey! I have those colors in my house! What's wrong with that? :)

I think all houses are nasty when you move out. Probably not that nasty though.