Sunday, August 19, 2007

She got Dunked!

My firstborn was Baptized this morning!

She was so excited that she barged into our bedroom at 8 o'clock yelling "Today is the Day!"

It was sweet cause during Sunday school she was supposed to sing a solo, but got too nervous, so Mommy had to go up and help her finish it..

In case your wondering we are Independant Fundamental Baptist (KJV) so we believe in deep water full submersion, just like in the days of the disciples....plus its way cool....

Afterward she was getting dried off in the bathroom, along with the 3 other Dunkers,and yelled out for all to hear "IM A BAPTIST NOW"....she also gets to partake in communion now which is way cool as well!!

Well enjoy your Sunday folks! Were taking naps now!!

A hora de siesta! (I think I said that right)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, what a cutey. I have been baptized twice, just cause I had to make sure...lol

Neurotic1 said...

Congrats on the baptism. Pretty cool~the whole dunking thing. I didn't get baptized until just before I married my husband. Dorcas still is not baptized and I think my in-laws may just about disown us over this ;) We just haven't found a church that we are happy with. And I REFUSE to have him baptized just to say that he is!

Halfmexican Mama said...

badooz...i guess u can never be too sure!

Carmen...youre right...a person has to understand why they are being baptised first..we dont believe in baptising babies..

eyes_only4him said...

amen.....

I was dunked in tha same tub..

Halfmexican Mama said...

FFG....its a smallworld after all!