Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Surgical Happenings.

Well as you can see I made it home.

The surgery went quite well, Im just a little sore and tired.

A knock at the door woke me...I was Fed Ex with a letter for Buster.

I was greeted at the hospital by my Pastor. My stepmom drove me up there this morning.
She and Pastor stayed until I was out of recovery.

I got up this morning and did the first thing a girl does.....

I peed.



THEN I noticed the little plastic orange lidded cup sitting on my countertop in the bathroom!


WOOPS!


HMM forgot her urine sample....

luckily Nurse Blonde Lady didnt seem too upset about it, as I was able to produce a small piddle enough for the pregnancy test that they required!!!



Guess What?


Im NOT pregnant.


Most of us know that Buster had his "fishie straw" taken care of after the birth of our second child.


THEN my BP was 161 over 116....

3 consecutive times!! A small cause for concern so they injected a sedative into the IV...

I think I got high....

Felt pretty damn good though.

Then they wheeled me off to OR, a while later, where my BP was still quite high.

So they injected a BP med into the IV, waited a few min then added the anestheitc concoction.


I remember one of the nurses dancing around the room to the sound of my heartbeat on the monitor. She was doing some type of Indian jig.


Seriously. I dont think she knows I was still concience.


Next thing I know im in the Recovery Room with a sore ass throat, and a growling tummy and some slight crampage.....

They injected some pain meds in the IV, and I was good to go home a half an hour later.

Buster brought me Chinese for lunch Bless his heart then he went back to work.

My Stepmom asked if she wanted me to stay but I told her I was fine and that Im just going to keep the couch company for the rest of the day, oh yeah and the TV.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Had a strange dream as before I was abruptly interrupted by the FED EX guy.

To make it short It had to do with a small airplane landing in a field where a friend of mine and I was picking flowers.

The plane was loaded with all sorts of sexy guys heading for some flight training somewhere. They offered us a ride and before I could answer


yep it was interupted by the knock at the door.

I think all the chemicals fed to me today had something to do with that dream.....

Or maybe its the pound of gauze in my hoo hoo...you be the judge...

I get to venture up to Dr. B's office for removal of the junk in the am!!!

Hope all is well with everyone, just wanted to let you know im still alive!

Thanks to EVERYONE for all their Prayers, thoughts, concerns and wishes!!

I will try to visit your blogs when im not so tired!

Take Care!

HMM is gonna take advantage of the kids not being here and grab another nappy nap!!

18 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

hmmm...so what was the letter the fed ex guy brought?..anything good?

Glad your home ..

whats the hell is up with the high BP?,.,thats DANGEROUSLY high woman.

Halfmexican Mama said...

Well I think its a check he withdrew some money from one of his accounts as the car is on the fritz still and we MAY be getting a different house...

I think the BP was cause I was nervous and ive had high BP in the past, but Ive put on 19 pounds since last summer so If I lose it again I think it will regulate itself....it did last time I lost weight.

JUST A MOM said...

I am so glad all went well... and that dream..... I could use one of them even intreupted by a fed x guy.... have a nice nap and rememver milk it

Halfmexican Mama said...

JAM...im pulling teets...turst me, im not one to stay down long though...*sigh*

Yeah I didnt appreciate the interruption either :-(

Humincat said...

Glad you're good, and that dream cracked me up. I love a good strange sexy man dream, much better then the driving with no brakes dream....

Wendy said...

Glad you got it all taken care of. I hate it when a good dream is interupted. Take care!

Big Ben said...

I don't know what they did to you but having something up your hoo hoo, doesn't make me want to ask!

Shari said...

Wow, I had that surgery a few years ago and never had the wonderful privelige of being knocked out for it. They just froze the area and then the doc yelled at me for being so sensitive down there when I couldn't relax. The black ashy stuff is gross coming out but other than that it was all right. A bit sore but what do you expect when people are taking chunks of your cervix.

I hope you recover quickly and the lab work comes back okay.

Bella said...

Was the FedEx guy at least hot?

I mean, if a dream gets interrupted it better be worth it.

1 plus twins said...

i am so glad everything went well and your ok!! make sure you take full advantage of this and milk it as long as you can. we moms deserve a break and waited on hand and foot. when you go back to get the gauze out ask for more of those drugs so you can have some more great dreams. lol

icanseeclearlynow said...

hey i'm glad you're doing ok. you are such a writer, girl. to remember to capture all these aspects of your feelings and thoughts throughout this ordeal. you go! you're gonna love it when you look back!

feel better. heal quick.

:)

Halfmexican Mama said...

Humin...I so wish I was ledt in the throes of my semi unconcoisness for that one!

Wendy...lets hope this takes care of it!

Ben...ya dont wanna know..just make sure Patti gets her yearly once over...ALWAAYS!

Shari...they also did a D and C...so they gotta knock ya out for it!

Katie...the dude threw the package in the door and then ran! Was a good thing I was not in the position to chase him down though!

1plus...they sent me home with nada..told me to take OTC pain meds :-(

Icansee...thanks so much. I write better when I really try. Always thought about doing a fictional novel but wouldnt know where to start! I just say what comes to mind on here. Thanks for the quick heal wishes!!

I promise to visit you all soon.

Love you all, I mean it dammit!

JUST A MOM said...

Hey why are you up? and where di dyou see me and Fawn together? please splane

Monogram Queen said...

Glad you are okay and on the mend. I hate undergoing surgery of any sort. Happy recovery sweetie!

aatank said...

Glad to see everything came out well. (Pun intended)

Now we'll keep you in prayers until the results come back.

Halfmexican Mama said...

Jaye...was up cuz I couldnt sleep...there is a pic of her on your page and then I remembered a few of the pics of yourself that you posted, you could be twins!

Patti...thanks..feeling much better today!

Alish..thanks for thoughts and prayers..I will need them!

KrazyMom said...

Glad you are home and all went well. Enjoy your rest while you can!

JUST A MOM said...

ok go look on my page I will post fawn and i on it and you tell me if that is who you think it is??? I need to clear this up before I tell you what I need to.